Wine collecting is a popular hobby for many people, but it can be a bit daunting for those who are just starting out. With so many different types of wine, it can be difficult to know where to begin. That's why we've put together this guide to wine collecting for beginners, filled with tips and tricks to help you get started.
- Start with a budget: Before you start collecting wine, it's important to establish a budget. Wine collecting can be expensive, so it's important to determine how much you can afford to spend on wine each month. This will help you make informed decisions about which bottles to purchase and which ones to pass on.
- Research different types of wine: Wine comes in many different varieties, and it's important to learn about the different types of wine to determine which ones you like best. Consider trying different varieties of wine at wine tastings or by purchasing a few bottles of different types of wine to try at home. Wine subscription services are a great way to try a variety of wines affordably to see what you like.
- Store wine properly: Once you've started collecting wine, it's important to store it properly. A Grand Cru wine fridge is the best way to ensure that your wine is stored at the optimal temperature to preserve its flavour and quality. Grand Cru offers a massive range of wine fridges to suit every budget and style, making it easy to find the perfect solution for your collection.
- Keep a wine journal: Keeping a wine journal is a great way to keep track of the different types of wine you've tried and your thoughts on each one. This will help you remember which bottles you liked best and which ones you may want to avoid in the future. Taking a photo of the wine label can also help you remember your favourites.
- Attend wine events: Attending wine events is a great way to learn about different types of wine, meet other wine collectors, and taste new wines. Consider attending wine tastings, wine festivals, and wine auctions to expand your knowledge and experience. Grand Cru held an exciting wine tasting event last year, so stay tuned for upcoming events in 2023.
- Join a wine club: Joining a wine club is a great way to stay up-to-date with the latest wine trends and to receive recommendations for new bottles to try. Grand Cru offers the GC Wine Concierge, a wine club membership that will enable you to discover an extensive range of Australian wines which are not available at major liquor retailers. You can access the best kept secrets of Australian viticulture in the comfort of your home.
In conclusion, wine collecting is a great hobby for those who love wine. With these tips and tricks, you'll be well on your way to building a fantastic collection. Don't forget to store your wine properly in a Grand Cru wine fridge to ensure its longevity and enjoy it for years to come.